1. She is a graduate student at the CSULB SharkLab.
2. She began her fisheries career in high school by volunteering at a fisheries lab in Massachusetts.
3. She was a Hutton Scholar.
4. She studies how the stress of catch-and-release fishing affects fish physiology and behavior.
5. She focuses her research on two important game fish species in southern California: Kelp Bass, Paralabrax clathrates and Barred Sand Bass, Paralabrax nebulize.
For updates on Caitlin's research, follow her on Twitter @.